A Comprehensive Guide on Beach Towels
You stuff them in your tote before heading out to the nearby beach, use them as an essential part of beach vacations, and at times even sprawl on them to sunbathe in the yard— can you guess what it is? Yes, you got that right, it’s a chic, top-quality, soft, and practical beach towel!
These large towels, mainly designed for the beach, are available in a wide variety of interesting hues, prints, cuts, styles, materials, and sizes these days. The towel manufacturers leave no stone unturned to bring a highly impressive collection.
If you wish to know about beach towels, you have come to the right place. This blog offers all the necessary information that you would need to know about them.
Okay now, without any delay, let’s dive into the exciting world of beach towels!
3 Most Popular Beach Towel Fabrics:
Silk, synthetic, rayon, nylon, polyester, and of course, the blends, the beach towels are made up of different materials. However, when you want something absorbent, soft, and quick-drying, the three most famous ones are, microfiber, terry, and cotton.
Terry: Either made from only cotton or a mix of materials, towels that are woven from terry are ultra-soft and absorbent. Terry towels are woven with loops and longer loops mean there is more surface area to soak water. Based on the fiber, they can feel denser.
Microfiber: Crafted from synthetic fabrics, often man-made polyester, microfiber towels dry fast. In addition to these, they are durable, breathable, easy to clean, super-absorbent, and dirt-resistant.
Cotton: When it’s about beach towels, cotton remains unbeatable. Towels that are fabricated from 100% cotton are exceptionally comfortable, breathable, and absorbent. It also comes with dependable moisture-wicking abilities.
Some Unusual Beach Towels:
Blanket-Style Beach Towels
Going to the beach for some isn’t about swimming as much as it’s about chilling or relaxing. If you are someone who falls into this category, then a blanket-style beach towel is perfect for you. Made from thinner, delicate materials, they are lightweight and easy to carry. Getting one, you can get the most out of your beach vacation, especially when the weather is mildly cold. The blanket-style beach towels come in a broad range of patterns and colors, therefore letting you take your pick as per your taste and preferences.
Round Beach Towels
If you have a quirky personality, a round beach towel will suit you. It’s something out of the ordinary. They are very different from the traditional rectangular beach towels but they offer as much functionality and versatility as the latter. Microfiber or cotton— they can be constructed from any material, and they often come in numerous patterns, shades, and sizes. Of course, these towels work smoothly to dry you after a swim but they work even better when you use them as a beach blanket. They are perfect to lie down on and read your favorite novel.
Portable Beach Towels
Is your place close to the beach and is it like you prefer frequenting the ocean? In that case, a portable beach towel is crucial for you. It’s functional and easily packable. While these towels come in an astounding variety of materials, the microfiber portable beach towels, being incredibly durable and absorbent, have been a favorite for many. You can easily fold them into a small size and they can even fit inside your purse! Some of these also come in convenient carrying cases or with clips or hooks. The hooks let you easily tie them to your tote.
Round Beach Towels Rising to Prominence
Lately, round beach towels have become crazy popular and for a good number of reasons. Here is why they are in heavy demand:
- The no. 1 reason is, that you can find them in extremely stunning and outstanding designs. Right from vibrant colors such as teal, peach blood, and bright cyan to exciting prints like floral, geometric, abstract, and animal, you will be spoiled with choices.
- You won’t need to work hard to be comfortable on the beach. The circular towel will move as per your plans. Apart from this, the material is quite easy to wash and clean after a fun trip with your family.
- When you want to spend a nice cozy beach day with your sweetheart, round beach towels can be the perfect base. On an almost 150cm towel, both of you can lie down after a swim together. Separate towels can’t give you that feeling.
- Nothing can be worse than a towel with poor absorbing qualities. After having a dip in the calming waters, you would want to feel dry and slightly warm, and for this, you need a towel that comes first in absorbency. Round beach towels, made of microfiber, terry, or cotton, will give you the best experience.
What Makes White the Best Beach Towel Color
As stated already, beach towels are available in a myriad of colors. You can even notice some in never-seen-before color combinations and varied tones. However, a large number of people go for the white color. Want to know why?
The shade white can go with anything and everything. No matter what kind of theme your bathroom has, bohemian, patterned, vintage, or simply conventional, the color white will work with ease.
To get rid of any type of dirty area caused by oil or sweat, the only technique to do it fast and effectively is whitening. And, whitening is feasible only if your beach towels are of white shade. It’s easy to achieve that clean appearance again after whitening. Also, you can use almost any kind of detergent on them without the stress of the towels going discolored.
Monogrammed white beach towels can be a memorable gift for special events and occasions. You don’t need to worry about whether they will match the interior design of your relative’s home.
Beach Towels V/s Bath Towels – the Differences Spotted!
You can’t use the bath towels as beach towels or vice-versa. They are very DIFFERENT from each other. The design is one of the prime areas where the difference lies, of course, and then, there are certain other technical aspects as well that make a beach towel different from a bath towel.
First and foremost, beach towels are specifically designed for the beach, while bath towels are crafted for drying off after a shower.
Beach towels are more resilient than bath towels when it comes to absorbency. They easily absorb not only the seawater but sand particles, sunscreen, and cream as well.
Size matters and size is exactly the most noticeable difference between the two. Beach towels are much longer and bigger than bath towels, as the former has more purposes for use on the beach.
In the department of style and appearance, again there is a huge difference. As they are needed to be used outside, beach towels are made more attractive than bath towels.
Towels As Attire on Beach Vacations
If you want to be the bold beach diva, beach towels can be your attire. For the perfect leisure and laidback vibes, use a Turkish beach towel. Discussed below are several unique looks:
- To get an elegant, flowing look that is great for a casual seaside lunch or beach walk, wrap the towel around your waist and tie it to the side.
- Feeling braver? Fold the towel in half and tie it behind your neck, therefore letting it drape around your back. This sexy halter dress is both flirty and fun.
- A strapless beach towel dress can give you some longing head-turning looks. All you need to do here is wrap it around your breasts and tuck it behind your back.
The above-mentioned suggestions are bound to make your man go crazy for you!
Even if you are going on a family vacation, cute beach towels can act as an outfit for your little one. The hooded beach towels are the ones on which you can rely.
Beach Towels for Different Water Activities
Out on a beach vacation, you would want to try some cool water sports for sure, especially if you have a never-ending love for adventure. Given below are some fun water activities as well as the best beach towel companions:
Another word for a beach vacation? It’s surfing undoubtedly. As you ride the waves in the sea or the ocean in a wetsuit by standing or lying on the surfboard, the adrenaline rush that you experience is something else. Back to the beach, the towel that can help calm you, and absorb all the water, is a Turkish beach towel.
Imagine swimming face down on or through the ocean amidst thousands of beautiful fish in a sexy bikini. Now, after coming up to the shore, you would need something to dry you off and keep you warm and cozy. A cotton beach towel will be perfect for this.
For Jet Skiing
Were you craving the thrill of speeding across the water in a hot one-piece swimwear and feeling the wind blow through your hair and the sea foam on your face? Seriously, jet skiing can be memorable indeed! Once done with it, the beach towel that can help you relax and feel light and floaty is the one made from microfiber.
Cleaning the Beach Towels
To make your pretty, practical beach towels stay with you for a long time, you need to remember the following steps:
- Give the towels a shake at the end of your beach day to remove any big sand clumps.
- In the next step, give them a shake again. However, a bigger and harder one this time, so that it makes a snap sound.
- Once you are back home, toss your towels in the washing machine, and use the cold setting. This will make it less likely to retain any leftover sand in the fibers. The cold setting will also lessen shrinkage and keep the colors vibrant for a longer time.
- Use a mild laundry detergent and skip the fabric softener for sure.
- Hang your beach towels to dry or you can also tumble-dry them on a low setting.
- You don’t need to wash them after every use but cleaning them about every third use will keep them bacteria-free.
Whether solo, with your bae, or family, beach towels are your trusty friends when you want to have a blast on the beach! Contact us for further details.